Re: Problem with mtab?

This is what I have in my /etc/init.d/boot, version
   @(#)boot  2.10  26-Apr-1997  miquels@cistron.nl

[cut]
  #
  # Remount rootfs rw (default), but do not try to change mtab because it
  # is on a ro fs until the remount succeeded.  Then clean up old mtabs and
  # finally write the new mtab.
  #
  mount -n -o remount,rw /
  rm -f /etc/mtab~ /etc/nologin
  : > /etc/mtab
  mount -o remount,rw /
  mount /proc
[cut]

So according to this, /etc/init.d/boot should take care of removing /etc/mtab~
during the boot.

The /etc/init.d/boot file I have comes with sysvinit version 2.71-2 that was
installed with Debian 1.3.

// Heikki