Network Audio System problems

Hi all,

Finaly I have managed to get XPilot running with sound, recompiling it
with the NCD-Sound-option and Network Audio System (NAS) V1.2 P4
(according to the auinfo readout), which is available as Debian-package.

Unfortunately NAS does not have a good sound quality, there are always
errors when playing sounds -this is definitely NOT related to the
sound-files or the sound-card (old 8-bit Creative Labs Soundblaster),
because other sound-programs, which does not depend on NAS (i.e. bplay)
are able to play these *.wav- and *.au-files without errors. The problem
is, that every sound-file ends with an anoying "crack" -this is
consistent for all soundfiles (different sources and different formats)
I have tested (either with XPilot or with the auplay-soundplayer
included in the NAS package).

Does anybody know about this bug or has a sollution for it?

(Yes, I have read the XPilot/NAS-man-pages, the
Sound/Sound-Play-HOWTO´s, but still have no clue).

--

Bye,

Marc Saric

Visit http://www.rat.de/marc_saric/