Re: Installing Debian 1.2

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Robert S. Ross wrote:

> Would someone PLEASE answer my e-mails and help? I have tried to install
> Debian Linux, and get stuck in the cfdisk menu. How do I go through this
> menu, and continue? I would appreciate an answer.
> 	I am not a novice at this, since I am running Win 95, NT 4.0 and OS/2
> WARP on different partitions, and would like to add Linux to experiment
> and add to my knowledge. After all, to paraphase a quote; "Knowledge is
> money". :-) It would be helpful to read other mail here if I have
> something running to work with.

Robert, I have more or less the same as you and it's running (WFW311,
WIN95, OS/2 Warp and Linux).

I start with OS/2 and install the boot manager (primary partition), 2
more primary partitions (WFW311 and WIN95) and a extended partition. In
the extended partition I create a logical partition for OS/2. Then I
bootup with linux disk and using linux fdisk I create in the free part of
the extended partition, the following partition (swap, /, /usr and
/home). Then installing linux with lilo in / partition. Voila' work.

Now, every time that i start my machine, boot manager appear and I can
select one of OS (WFW311 its the default).

Be careful, because the boot loader of each OS must stay before the 1024
cilinder (if your disk has more then 1024 cilinders). This limitation its
related with the BIOS.

Enjoy

Paulo