Re: color_xterm and xfm, where are they?

On Jun 25, Frank Barknecht wrote

> > AR> I installed fvwm95 and the default settings have a color_xterm and
> > AR> xfm icons.  I looked in all the debian packages but I could not
> > AR> find them.  Can some tell where I can find color_xterm and xfm? Or
> > AR> Is there a better substitute for those programs?  I also noticed
> >
> > The plain normal xterm can do colors. Just put the follwoing in your
> > ~/.Xresources:
> >
> > #ifdef COLOR
> > *customization: -color
> > #endif
> >
> > Do a "xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources"  and start a fresh xterm.
>
> Well, I also have a problem with colors in  "xterm"s.
> I get a colored "ls" with .Xresorces set up like you say,
> but how can other programms display their colorings in xterm.
>
> For example: I am using mutt for my e-mail.
> It is configured to colorize cites, WWW-URLs and Mail adresses,
> but this only works in a linux-console.
>
> And how do I get colors in lynx?

I use rxvt to display mutt & lynx. It gets the colors right without all the
hassle. It also doesn't have the problem with termcap.

--
  Mike Schmitz     mschmitz@bend-or.com    http://www.bend-or.com/~mschmitz
  Don't blame me - I voted libertarian!    http://www.lp.org/