more on scsi controllers

After the hints so far, it's clear that eata 's error messages have to
do with using the same adresses as the second ide card (which is
installed).  However, those aren't the correct adressess.

I actually have three scsi cards sitting here to choose from:

1) the nec card, which, on closer look, claims to be a Trantor T160.  I
find T1x8 refferences in the howto, but no T160.

2) a future domaine 1610, with TMX18XX chip (it really says XX).

3) an adaptec 1510, but it has a tiny external connector; we're still
trying to find the cable.

I can't figure out how to tell the first two where to look for the
adress of the card.  Also, i'm not clear on which drivers to use for the
first two.

Should I even have eata in my kernel?

finally, which of these cards will have the best performance.

rick