Re: glibc

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

 : > On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Scott K. Ellis wrote:
 : >
 : >  : > Anyone having troubles with errors like
 : >  : >
 : >  : > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_IO_peekc_locked'
 : >  : > /usr/lib/libg++.so: undefined reference to `_IO_putc'
 : >  :
 : >  : Do you have libg++272(-dev) installed?  When compiling for glibc, all the
 : >  : other librarys you link must also be compiled for it.
 : >
 : > I'm working with the libraries and include-files supplied with the current
 : > unstable Debian distribution..  they should work, shouldn't they?
 :
 : Yes they should. But note that you haven't yet told us whether you have
 : installed libg++272-dev installed (there's also a libg++27-dev in
 : unstable, that one should not be on your system). If you've got
 : libg++272-dev installed, and still get the above errors, give
 : me your source, and I'll try and see what is wrong with it.

I just forced libc6-dev and libg++272-dev to get installed.

Everything's working fine.. but now it seems the libpthread-dev isn't
working together with libc-6.

And because the software I tried to compile (the Mnemonic browser,
developer's edition) is thread-safe.. it doesn't work..  get it? :)

Remco.

--
// Remco van de Meent
//   email: remco@oloon.student.utwente.nl