Re: Connecting to Windows NT

>I've never dialed-in to an NT machine. However, just because Win95
>prompts for user/password doesn't mean CHAP is used. Win95 tries to
>be real clever with authentication, responding to plain old login:/
>password: auth, PAP, and CHAP as it detects them. If you really want
>to see what's going on, use HyperTerminal and manually dial in. Does
>it prompt you with "user:", "login:" or some such thing? If this is
>a case you'll need to set up your "chat" dial script to respond to
>these prompts with your user id and password. If once the modem connects
>you see garbage spewing out, then PPP is starting automatically and
>auth must by default be either PAP or CHAP. In this case get pppd set
>up with debugging on ('debug' on the command line or in the options
>file) and look at /var/log/ppp.log. Without understanding all the
>info that's there, you should still see "PAP" or "CHAP" somewhere in
>the output and you'll know what you need. Then you'll need to edit
>either /etc/ppp/pap-secrets or /etc/ppp/chap-secrets, respectively,
>and create an entry with your login/password. There should be examples
>in these files to go by.

Thank you for your message =)

I tried to connect using MINICOM to capture to log what WinNT is telling
Win95 during the login process.  Unfortunately nothing appears.  I pressed
Enter a couple of times to see if any character would appear, but so far, no
luck.

Any suggestion?

        Leandro+
___
Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro? (LA672)
Assistant to the Editor and Localization, GAMESMANIA
Internet Frontier
Email: leandro@ifront.com
Tel: (416) 656-2659
Fax: (416) 656-0863

Cynic, n.:
        A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be.  Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a
cynic's eyes to improve his vision.

ZimID  46B98555 1993/12/15  0D 6E 96 68 D6 B3 9A 96  20 ED 1F AF 11 46 13 79