Re: /etc/resolv.conf has wrong permissions

> > However, /etc/resolv.conf is installed with or modified to root/root -rw------- permissions.  This
> > sounds logical until a normal user tries to dial out.  It was weird, my normal account would dial and
> > login ok, but all of the net calls would show a "Host name lookup failure".  I could even su to root
> > and things would work fine.
>
> Interesting.  On my 1.1 upgraded to 1.2 and then to 1.3 system the file is
>
> -rw-r--r--	and owned by root.root
>

> George Bonser
> grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net

I think I found the source of the problem, I copied the file using ftp from the machine I already
have setup.  That would change the permissions.  Sorry about the waste of bandwidth, it's
obvious who knows what they're doing.  Not me.

Thanks

Rob

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU