fiddled with gcc/libc, now can't find stddef.h

Hi,

I installed the latest gcc/libc5 (and other compiling tools) from unstable,
had problems, so I've reinstalled the stable versions. But now I get:

	/usr/include/string.h:33: stddef.h: No such file or directory

etc, despite the fact that /usr/include/linux/stddef.h exists.

I'm sure I've done something really stupid and obvious: can anyone point
it out to me please?

Thanks,

Tim Bell
bhat@cs.mu.oz.au