Re: Smail and spammers

Upgrade to exim which has extensive spam prevention mechanisms and filters build in.

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95q.970621083153.18771A-100000@mars.nettrek.net.au> you wrote:

: Is there any way I can disable spammers from using my smail server to
: distribute spam?

: From the logs it appears that someone is sending mail from a
: compuserve account that then propagates into a large batch of mails to
: address all over the world.

: The original post from compuserve and the resultong hundreds of
: outgoings all have the same ID. Is this due to BSMTP?

: If I add a

: -bsmtp

: to the pipe: section of the transports file will I break anything?

: Is there some way that I can restrict use of the "|" thingy to local
: users only? ie mail that originates on the server, as against mail
: from outside (that is compuserve)?

: Is there a resource out on the Internet that will point me in the
: right direction?

: Wot a lot of questions!

: John Foster

: --
: TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .
: Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .