Re: defrag

> In article <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.96.970620105727.28660A-100000@scully> you wrote:
> : I have an old scsi drive which I fsck'ed as ext2.  I didn't get any errors
> : doing so. ( this was about 4 months ago ).  Now the drive is 24%
> : non-contiguous and I finally found the defrag package, however when I run
> : it I get this error:
>
> : bash# defrag /dev/sda1
> : defrag 0.61
>
> : defrag: bad magic number in super-block
>
> : Is there away of fixing this problem and how serious is it?
> : Thanks,
> : Dennis
>
> There is no problem. Just make sure you have a Minix file system on your SCSI drive.
> Reading the documentation might also help.

Well that might be a problem seeing that I have ext2 already on it.
Should I not being using this for scsi disks?  Also the manpages on defrag
do not mention anything about mimix support.  I'm sure I could backup the
filesystem and recreate it on mimix, but I have also read that mimix only
supports 30 character filenames, which would probably limit my users, (
the fs is /home ).  I was just hoping there was a way to create a 'good
magic number' in the superblock so defrag could run on my current fs.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis