defrag

I have an old scsi drive which I fsck'ed as ext2.  I didn't get any errors
doing so. ( this was about 4 months ago ).  Now the drive is 24%
non-contiguous and I finally found the defrag package, however when I run
it I get this error:

bash# defrag /dev/sda1
defrag 0.61

defrag: bad magic number in super-block

Is there away of fixing this problem and how serious is it?
Thanks,
Dennis