Re: fetchmail, procmail, mail reading, Gnus, XEmacs

On 19 Jun 1997, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     Bob> here is my ~/.fetchmailrc file:
>
>     Bob> poll pop.primenet.com proto pop3 user USERNAME pass PASSWORD
>
>  Try adding an `mda' line to it.  Here's what I use:

poll mail.provider.com
protocol pop3
username myusername
password MYPASSWD
mda "formail -s procmail"

Thanks, that worked.

Other suggestions I received were:

-----------

try adding _ is USERNAME here _ like this

poll pop.primenet.com proto pop3 user USERNAME pass PASSWORD is USERNAME here

A different solution that will use your mail daemon is to put

smtphost localhost

in your .fetchmailrc defaults

Neither of these helped, but thanks all for the suggestions.

Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen