Re: upgrading from popclient to fetchmail in 1.3

On 19 Jun, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> reading message 1 (2679 bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop.primenet.com

Looks like fetchmail doesn't know how to connect to localhost.

Check your /etc/host file.

fetchmail -S localhost will do the job in any case (I think). I have to
do this myself, because I get

reading message 1/1 (755 bytes) fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed:
Unknown error 18446744073709551615

As I first saw error 18446744073709551615 I thought, I started Win NT
by accident ;-)

BTW: my /etc/hosts says 127.0.0.1	localhost

I can telnet to localhost, so I don't really know why fetchmail
complains.

Ciao,
	Martin