Re: Can't deinstall package

Hi,

	I just read about this. I think that the best thing to do at
 the moment is to remove mention of the package from
 /var/lib/dpkg/status. Look at the files mentioned in
 /var/lib/dpkg/kernel-source-1.99.7.list, and make sure that they are
 gone. Also remove /usr/src/linux; if you are going to use
 kernel-source packages it is a good idea to let /usr/src/linux be a
 symbolic link managed by the kernel-source packages (unpack your
 copies of unpstream sources in some other directory, I either use
 /tmp/linux or /usr/src/linux-2.0.30).

	kernel source packages unpack into /usr/src/kernel-source-X.XX
 and change the symbolic link to point at the latest kernel source
 (allowing for multiple source trees). If you have multiple sources
 installed, it does the right thing if you dpkg --remove new source
 packages, making sure that .usr.src.linux always points to a valid
 directory (until you remove the last source tree, that is).

	I'm sorry for the trouble you have experienced.

	manoj
--
 ... cost consciousness and sophisticated design are basically
 incompatible. Richard F. Moore