Re: setting & switching screen densities

Hi Rick,

You wrote:
   But it seems to insist that the higher density modes don't
   exist.  It's startup messages (the ones that are left)
   annnouce
   (--) there is no mode definition mamed "1024x768"
   (--) removing mode "1024X768": from list of valid modes"
   then again for 800x600.

This happen to me when I had "ModeLine" settings in the XF86Config wrong. So
play with those. Except that, you might want to post the output of Xserver
starting.

        Cheers,
        David