Re: Help with in.pop3d

On Thursday 12 June 97, at 22 h 40, the keyboard of "Benjamin T. White"
<ben@whitehouselocal.bgsm.edu> wrote:

> in.pop3d seems to be running as root when it is invoked by inetd, so what
> gives?  The mail boxes exist, the connnection is made but no mail is
> delivered!!!!

Anyway, I seriously suggest you use qpopper instead. There is at least
one very good reason: last time I checked, in.pop3d didn't log the
erroneous passwords, so a cracker could use it to try typical passwords
(even if you have shadow).

Package: qpopper
 This is The Qualcomm enhanced version of the Post Office Protocol Daemon
 (POP3 daemon), based on the latest BSD version. The QualComm popper has
 some extensions to the normal pop3 daemon, such as UIDL and bulletin
support.