Re: connectix quickcam difficulties

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Paul McDermott wrote:

:Hello everyone, I just got my connectix quickcam working with debian.  It
:takes really good pictures.  I plan to use the quickcam as a web camera.
:For an experiment I took a picture of my self and tried to put it on my
:website.  The quickcam man pages say that the format is a portable
:pixilmap or .ppm extention to take a picture. the command is:
:cqcam > filename.ppm If I do this it works fine, the file is viewable
:from xv and xpaint.  I also tried to take the picture using the file
:formats of .jpg and .gif and the sam thing happens.  From inside netscape I
:can open the file and view it just fine.  It doesn't work when I put it on my
:web-page. The picture looks like a broken picture icon.  (I know that this is
:a bad way to discribe it - but it is the only way I know how.  If anyone can
:help me, or you need anymore information please email me.

A quick guess ... what are the permissions on the file that the
webserver is trying to display?  Most web page problems (in my
experience) are due to permission problems with the files which are
intended for display ...

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff