Speak-Freely 6.1b-2 problem

(SB16 card Debian 1.3 current)

I have decided to get speak freely working but when I run sfmike it takes
over /dev/audio after the first talk.  It switches to pause but retains
controle of the device which sfspeaker tries to use when receiving but
can't because it's busy.  I've RTFM's but see no fix.

When I first start sfmike /dev/audio is free until I press space to talk
the first time.

I'm also curious about the recording overrun error.

Debug:

sfmike -d echo.fourmilab.ch
Space bar switches talk/pause, Esc or "q" to quit
Talk:   Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Sent 1024 audio samples in 1024 bytes.
Pause: Sound: Recording overrun
sfspeaker: 06-11 16:30 bavard.fourmilab.ch connect
sfspeaker: root sending from bavard.fourmilab.ch.
sfspeaker: bavard.fourmilab.ch sending in Speak Freely protocol.
opening audio output device: Device or resource busy
opening audio output device: Device or resource busy
Tick: 10.00... Wed Jun 11 16:31:19 1997

Does anybody have a clue?

L8R,

--Rick

Unsolicited commercial/propaganda email subject to legal action.  Under US
Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C), and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a
State may impose a fine of NOT LESS than $500 per message.  Read the full
text of Title 47 Sec 227 at http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html