Re: *Help!* Where is device partition info stored?

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 01:48:52 CDT "Dave Cinege" (dcinege@psychosis.com)
 wrote:

> I was playing in fdisk, and like an idiot deleted an extended partition.
>
> This is a brand new set-up that I just finished, and I didn't save a map of
> the partitioning yet, so I need o layout to build rebuild.

If you ran lilo with your old partition table, there might be a way.

*WARNING*: the following might break your setup:
If Lilo is installed in the MBR, it should have made a backup copy of
the original MBR in /boot/boot.<major/minor>. Restoring this will
restore the old partition setup.
To restore it do:
	dd if=/boot/boot.<right-number> of=/dev/hd[abcd] bs=512 count=1
Note that lilo -u won't restore the partition table.

It won't work if:
o Lilo isn't installed in the MBR, or
o You hadn't run lilo.

Phil.