Re: [META] Use of the list for non-Debian matters

Bruce Perens:
> Our "menu" package already adds menus to _many_ different window managers,
> and to character-oriented shells as well. Our "dwww" package need only
> register a menu entry "Help with Linux", and it would appear. The biggest
> missing piece right now is that "menu" and "dwww" are not installed by
> default, and there should be an easy check box that gets the beginner a
> GUI-enabled system with them installed.

Since the menu package is becoming more and more important to various parts
of debian, could its priority should be changed to "standard"?

Another way would be to have any program like fvwm that uses the menu
program to display menus, Suggest: menu.

(Not that I have anything against a "Enable GUI system" checkbox, but either
of these changes would make the menu system be selected when it should be if
the system is installed with dselect.)

--
see shy jo