X problems

I have a Diamond Stealth 3d 3400 (it's got 4 megs of ram) and I'm using
an old 14" Tatung monitor which can only do 640x480 (I know it can handle
this resolution fine because I'm running win95 on it sometimes).  I've
been using the SVGA server from XF3.2 because the Virge/VX chip isna't
all that well supported in the S3V driver.

Anyway,  the only modeline in my XF86Config is 640x480,  but the server
insists on running in it's "builtin 320x200" mode.  Needless to say,
this is unusable ... why would it do this?  I've tried hitting CTRL-ALT-+
to "cycle" up one mode,  but nothing happens.  Is there maybe a problemm
with my clockchip setting?  This is supposed to be autodetected,  but I
don't have any idea what else to try.

Please let me know if you have this card running SGVA or S3V servers,
and tell me if you had any wierd problems getting it configged.

Anyone else (with out the card) who has a suggestion please do so also.

Thanks...

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@ecl.ude.edu