Re: Starwiter

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, Johann Spies wrote:

> I am sorry to ask this here because this is not strictly a debian
> question.
>
> I spent many hours downloading StarOffice 3.1 and untarred it
> (StarOffice31-english.tar.gz StarOffice31-common.tar.gz
> StarOffice31-statbin.tar.gz) in /usr/local.  I then, apparently
> successfully, ran the setup script as a user, but could not get any
> program running.
>

> "swriter3" complains : "can't load library 'lib0fa312.so'" even if I try
> runing swriter from my /usr/local/lib directory after symlinking all the
> lib* files to that directory.  "lib0fa312.so" is also there.
>

> I could not find any documentation on installing and starting except
> for README.StarOffice and that did not tell me a lot.

If you have installed everything and done the required configuration, you
will have a script, .sd.sh, installed in your home directory.  Running
that will modify some environments, including $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  This will
place the required lib files in your library path so you will no longer
get that message and swriter will work.

Check 'echo $LD-LIBRARY-PATH' to see if
/usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/-linux-x86/lib really is in that path.

There is now a mini-HOWTO for StarOffice, based on beta4, but it is
applicable to the released 3.1 version.  It is contained in
doc-linux_97.05-1.deb in /unstable and can also be found at
sunsite.unc.edu and other major Linux sites.

Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen