Re: Starwiter

On Jun 8, Bob Nielsen wrote
> will have a script, .sd.sh, installed in your home directory.  Running
> that will modify some environments, including $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  This will
> place the required lib files in your library path so you will no longer
> get that message and swriter will work.
>
> Check 'echo $LD-LIBRARY-PATH' to see if
> /usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/-linux-x86/lib really is in that path.
>
> There is now a mini-HOWTO for StarOffice, based on beta4, but it is
> applicable to the released 3.1 version.  It is contained in
> doc-linux_97.05-1.deb in /unstable and can also be found at
> sunsite.unc.edu and other major Linux sites.
>
> Bob

I had a similar problem and, as directed by someone, put ~/.sd.sh in my .bashrc
and it worked fine. I did not know about the debian doc on StarOffice; thanks for
that info. StarOffice looks like quite a piece of work, althou a bit slow since
I am using the static linked libraries. Also, I understand that the documentation
in English is not done, and have only rarely used Word, to which it has a great
resemblance.
--
Gary