another question, nfs again

/var/log # showmount
mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send

for those who read my previous mail: I replaced (illegally) rpc.moutd with a
version form an older distribution, it now starts even better, though this
message comes up again and again.

And on the client host it says  :

client_udp_create (sp?): RPC: Programm not registered.

hints?

Alexander

--
"Video killed the radio star ... then the Shi^H^Hpice Girls killed the rest."
-- Alan Braverman