Re: Netscape Communicator Beta3/4/5

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, W Paul Mills wrote:
>
> > I have not had good luck with this one. ( Netscape Communicator 40b3,
> > 40b5 )
>
> > Sometimes when it crashes, it causes a reboot! Not cool! I have never
> > had a linux program bring linux to it's knees -- until now.
>
> The last (and only) program that ever hung/crashed my Linux was Netscape
> 1.0.
>
> Go figure.
>
> ...RickM...

Solved!  Installed libc5.4.26 from 5.4.20. Seems to work. I don't
think this libc is in the Debian distribution yet, but had it on
one of my InfoMagic CD's. I do not know if this could cause other
problems. So far have not noticed any. Netscape lists some libc's
that are known compatable, and some that are known uncompatable.
5.4.20 was not listed as either.

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
 --------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------