Re: [Q] update-menus broken in 1.3?

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan:
> I have spent the last couple of hours trying to customize my fvwm2
> setup.  I basically want to add stuff to the default menus that comes
> with Debian.  I tried the following -
>
> * Moved /usr/lib/menu/default/vim to /etc/menu/vim and ran
> update-menus.  Then quit X and restarted it.  Don't find vim under
> /Apps/Editors (which is where it is supposed to put in).

Do you have the vim package installed? I doubt it. If you look at
/etc/menu/vim, it probably starts with "?package(vim):" which means that
unless package vim is installed, this menu entry will be ignored.

To add local stuff, try using "?package(menu):" at the front of the line in
themenu file. Since the menu package is of course installed, the menu item
will show up. (There are probably better ways to do this..)

--
see shy jo