Cron setup

   I know the basics of cron and its crontab file, but have a couple of
questions about the specifics of how Debian implements cron.  In other
words, I've never seen cron divided with subdirs for daily, weekly,
monthly, etc.  I get the point of doing things daily or weekly, but I
wonder what about the specific time to do these events..

   I'm at a point to where I want to run a mirror process to fire off
daily at about 1:00 am local.  Could someone outline the best way for me
to implement this into Debian's cron setup?

   If so, I'd greatly appreciate it; and, any additional info/tips you
could shed on Debian's cron implementation would convince me to nominate
you for sainthood. :-)

   Thanks in advance.

                          | Debian GNU/    __      o
 Regards,                 |               / /     _  _  _  _  _ __  __
 (redwards@together.net)  |         ...because lockups are for convicts...