Re: xdm???

On  1 Jun, Jonathan B. Leffert wrote:
> I installed the xbase package from unstable/ as well as a lot of other X
> packages.  I have X working fine, but I cannot seem to get xdm to work.
> When I do a /etc/init.d/xdm start as root, xdm loads as a process, but the
> X login prompt never appears.  Anyone know how to get this to work?

I had the same problem. The reason:

/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers didn't contain a line for the actual server. Just
append :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X to it.

I had xfree from a december CD installed and updated short time ago. As
I didn't use xdm with the old package, I don't know if the new packages
cause this problem or if the old ones didn't add this line.

Ciao,
	Martin