Re: Debian quality

> compared to upgrading Debian 1.2 to 1.3, it sucks.  To all the kind
> folks who've spent many long nights making Debian Linux a quality
> product, thank you.

   I have to agree.  After switching to Linux I'm constantly impressed
with everything about Debian (I ran SLS and then Slackware before).  The
only thing unimpressive about my setup is the operator/sysadmin's lack of
knowledge. :-)

   And, speaking of that, can I ask a stupid question?  Okay.
What/where/when is Debian 1.3 going to be released?  I'm using 1.2,
getting upgrades through the net with dselect in its default setup
pointing at debian.org and the stable, non-free, and contrib
subdirectories.

   I read a fragment of one message somewhere that 1.3 is actually in the
frozen subdirectory; is that true?  If I were to make my dselect point at
stable, non-free, contrib, and frozen would that cause the upgrade?  Or
should I wait until it's moved from frozen to stable (anyone know if/when
that'll be?)?

   As a Debian newbie who's never gone through an upgrade process, I'd
appreciate any wisdom, and details of standard procedures that anyone
could shed on this process.

                          |      __      o
 Regards,                 |     / /     _  _  _  _  _ __  __
 (redwards@together.net)  |   ...because reboots are for upgrades...