Re: File version conflicts...

On May 30, Curt Howland wrote

> Believe me, that was the first thing I thought of. Trouble
> is, ftp.debian.org is exactly where I'm getting it from.

Well, I just checked the version of libc5 and libc5-dev for every
distribution on ftp.debian.org and they match, so your problem is
elsewhere. You'll have to provide more information... what distributions
are you installing? Using dpkg-ftp or something else? etc. Maybe the
problem is caused by old files lying around under
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/debian...

  Christian

PS Please keep the cc to debian-user. Other people might have a better clue
as to the cause of your problem...