Re: File version conflicts...

On May 29, Curt Howland wrote

> I am trying to install the basic ftp file set, and I get the
> following errors:

The problem is that the versions of libc5 and libc5-dev don't match (and
likewise for libreadline2 and libreadline2-dev). If you're not planning on
doing development, you don't need the -dev packages. Otherwise... What are
you trying to install from? Whatever it is, it's got a problem. Debian 1.2
and the soon to be released Debian 1.3 don't have that problem on
ftp.debian.org. You might want to get your packages from there, or at least
from a mirror that's closer to ftp.debian.org. (Assuming you are doing your
install through ftp.)

  Christian