Re: 1.3 Installation Report

Bruce Perens (bruce@pixar.com) wrote:
: From: Igor Grobman <igor@digicron.com>
: > Bruce, you must have missed the latest editor war while on vacation! :).
: > As a result, we have elvis-tiny (the reduced elvis) on the base disks (no
: > impersonators! ).
:
: Oh. I hope nobody gets too used to it - eventually I'd like to shrink
: that disk some more so that I can get PPP and FTP on it, so that we can
: do a one-floppy install via FTP.

I missed that editor war too (did it take place in debian-devel?).

Regarding the fact that a tiny vi is included in the base disks, I agree
with Bruce that it is more important to get one disk installs than
placing vi on the base disks. I think that any one used to vi can get
used to a small editor like ae without problems. Besides, there is
little need for a powerful editor at installation time.

E.-

P.S. I am a vi fan :-)