ASUS TX with ps/2 USB mouse?

(off-topic, but I try to answer 10 off-topics for every one I ask!)

I'm getting a new PC with an ASUS motherboard with the new
Intel TX chipset. I ordered a ps/2 mouse, but the parts list
mentions a USB connector so it may be that the ps/2 mouse
connects to it (I know nothing of USB).

Anybody know if this will be seen the same as the ps/2 connector
that is usually right on the MB, or otherwise supported, or
am I going to have to switch to a serial mouse or bus mouse?

--
...RickM...