Re: sendmail 8.8.5 and mailertable

Remco,

The configuration described will *not* do what you want. If a user is
identified as 'local', then delivery via the local mailer will be
attempted *without* reference to mailer tables (or any tables other
than the aliases file and any user database that you might have). The
mailer table is only referenced for *non-local* mail, to over-ride any
default smart-host or relay host (DR or DS) definitions.

 For your situation, you want mail addressed to a.domain.org to go
through the mailer table, which means that a.domain.org needs to be a
*non-local* domain, while b.domain.org is *local*. This is the reverse
of the way that you have defined the two domains. This gives you two
choices:

1: reverse the functions of the two names (make mail to a.domain.org
really local and mail to b.domain.org go to c.otherdomain.org), and
change the mailertable to reflect this

2: reverse sendmail's idea of which domain is local, by removing
a.domain.org from class w and adding b.domain.org to class w (and also
making sure that the hostname is *not* a.domain.org, which is
automatically local and in class w).

I hope that this helps

Tim Frost

--
Tim Frost, Systems Engineer         Email: Tim.Frost@nz.eds.com
EDS (NZ) Ltd,                       Voice: +64 4 495-0504