Re: New puter ...

I am aware of the Pentium II, but am trying to get away cheap.  Just
b/c Intel is putting the PPro out to pastor doesn't make it a bad
chip.  I do a lot of processing intesnive tasks .. namely graphics
programming under Windows NT in OpenGL.  I am using DCOM to
distribute rendering processes over a network ....  I am dabbling in
Linux to learn as much as I can abt Unix to hopefully port my work
over to Linux or Solaris when my project gets further along.

Also, the Pentium II is still not availible in quantity ... Early
pricing for a 233 is abt 1200-1400, and that is enough for a Dual
PPro 180 ... which I suspect would outperform the PII ...

Oh well, thanx for you advice.  Unfortunately, this is the absolute
worst time to replace a puter ... right between techonologies ...

Thanks.  See ya round.
-John Burwell

------
Email: jburwell@bkbank.com
Web page: http://www.transy.edu/~jburwell

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing
the world he didn't exist." -- Verbal Kent(_The Usual Suspects_)