Re: 3com driver (v0.40 in 2.0.30)

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Steve Hsieh wrote:

> Yes, you can probably continue to use your old driver, but actually any
> new vortex driver will probably work too if you disable bus mastering in
> the driver (assuming you have a 3c905 boomerang).  If you've been
> following the vortex list, then you will have seen some of the solutions
> people have posted.

Hmmm, I have a 590C and have not been following the Vortex list but had
some problems yesterday with a corrupt filesystem after using dselect
to install software over a high-speed connection.  I attribute that
problem to a faulty disk controller on the motherboard but could it have
really been a problem with the NIC driver?

Are there any quirks concerning that driver and my card that I should be
aware of?

George Bonser
grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net