New puter ...

On the way home from college graduation, some good buddies in Memphis
opted to steal my car loaded with my nearly new Pentium Pro 180
workstation.  Needless to say, I loved this computer, but now I am
faced with replacing it.

I have been exploring a number of possibilities for replacement, and
have discovered that a Tyan Dual PPro 150 mhz MB costs exactly the
same as an Intel Venus PPro 200 mhz MB(I had a Venus PPro 180
previously.  In a multitaking environment, I can see where the dual
processors could outperform a single processor of greater speed.  I
am leaning towards the dual with this logic in mind .. I was
wondering if anyone could see in a ny falws in my logic here ....

Also, how have the Tyan boards been under Debian?? How strong is the
SMP support under Linux??  I have a colleage running a Dual PPro 200
with nice results(I think ..) ...

Thanx for your advice.

Thanks.  See ya round.
-John Burwell

------
Email: jburwell@bkbank.com
Web page: http://www.transy.edu/~jburwell

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing
the world he didn't exist." -- Verbal Kent(_The Usual Suspects_)