Re: X and modmaps

Richard Kettlewell <richard@greenend.org.uk> writes:

> I'm attempting to exchange the meanings of my left CTRL key and my
> Caps Lock key, as I have recently got used to an X terminal where they

Here is the way I did it using xkeycaps:

!
! This is an `xmodmap' input file for PC 101 key keyboard #2 (Linux/XFree86 US layout) keyboards.
! Automatically generated on Wed Nov  6 18:32:13 1996 by khilman with
! XKeyCaps 2.31; Copyright (c) 1996 Jamie Zawinski <jwz@netscape.com>.
!
! This file presupposes that the keyboard is in the default state, and
! may malfunction if it is not.
!
remove Lock    = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L

keycode 0x42 =	Control_L
keycode 0x25 =	Caps_Lock

add    Lock    = Caps_Lock Caps_Lock
add    Control = Control_L

--
Kevin Hilman -- khilman@ee.washington.edu
Sysadmin - Image Computing Systems Lab - U of Washington