Re: kerneld and iBCS (was Re: ADSM/iBCS)

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Maarten Boekhold wrote:

> Do you have a line in /etc/conf.modules at the beginning that says:
>
> alias binfmt-332 iBCS
>
> If not, try adding this by hand and see what happens. I think this ought
> to fix your problems.

I tried that and it didn't help. However, I did figure out what was wrong.
The debian iBCS package installs the iBCS module into
/lib/modules/2.0/misc, and when I boot linux with my old kernel (2.0.29)
and run depmod -a, /lib/modules/2.0.29/modules.dep includes

/lib/modules/2.0/misc/iBCS:

However, with my new kernel (2.0.30), depmod -a does not list any
dependencies except for modules living under /lib/modules/2.0.30. So I
just copied /lib/modules/2.0/misc/iBCS to /lib/modules/2.0.30/misc/iBCS
and everything worked fine (without the above alias line in
/etc/conf.modules). Is this a bug in modutils? Something else?

Thanks for all your help. Cheers, Colin.

--
	  Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
		School of Policy Studies, Queen's University