Re: kerneld and iBCS (was Re: ADSM/iBCS)

On Tue, 27 May 1997, Colin Telmer wrote:

> works perfectly. However, I have one more question: how do I get kerneld
> to automatically load and unload the iBCS module? I assume it has
> something to do with /etc/conf.modules, but looking through the
> mini-kerneld-HOWTO, it seems like it should do it already:
> -------from the kerneld-HOWTO
> a.out, Java and iBCS binary formats are recognized automatically by
> kerneld, without any configuration.
> ----------------------------

I never touched "/etc/conf.modules" in any case. Make sure that
'kerneld' gets actually started in "/etc/modules":

--------cut-here---------------------------
[root]/root > cat /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.
# An entry named `auto' will cause the system to start kerneld immediately.
# Kerneld then loads modules on demand. `noauto' disables kerneld completely.

auto

Is this what you were looking for?
                                      Cheers, P. *8^)
--