Re: problems with depmod

On May 27, Alexander Koch wrote
> I got some problems with depmod.

Please check that you are using the latest Debian version; older versions
somtimes dumped core on 'depmod -a'.

> What is the latest version of modutils (?) to upgrade to?

modutils_2.1.34-5.deb on the mirror I use.

> And, while asking, what does this message in daemon.log mean?
>
> May 26 13:43:53 desire modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-4

You don't have IPX or AppleTalk or somesuch available as a module. Add
alias net-pf-4 off
to /etc/conf.modules to switch this message off.

HTH,
Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig