www chat system

I have been asked to provide a web based chat system for a client at
my ISP. I tried to talk him into IRC or a MUD/MOO, but they want it
web based. Does anyone know of a set of programs/scripts/whatever
that will do this?

Thanks,
Tim

PS: If this works, I may package it up as a Debian package.

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
        "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."