RE: Latest rescue disk locks up Thinkpad

Yoshiharu Kohayakawa writes:
 > In the same vein...:
 >
 > I'm trying to install Debian GNU/Linux on my ThinkPad 365XD (I run
 > Slackware right now).  Thanks to the people who have posted the info
 > that bzImages cannot be booted on this machine, I'm nearly able to
 > report a success story...: but unfortunately I'm not quite through
 > yet...
 >
 > [...]
 >
 > (3) When I ran the rdev.sh script on resc1440.bin, I first got a
 >     complaint that /dev/ram0 didn't exist.  I created it (in my hard
 >     drive...).  Now running rdev.sh doesn't produce this complaint.
 > (4) Now, rdev /dev/fd0 gives "Root device 0x3430" and rdev /mnt/linux
 >     (my kernel in the floppy) gives "Root device /dev/ram" (not
 >     ram0).

Sorry... an addendum to my posting: it was pointed out to me that I
could try editing the rdev.sh script to set the root device of zImage
in the floppy to /dev/ram (instead of keeping /dev/ram0 and creating
ram0).  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to solve the problem; I get
the same behaviour and error messages etc.

Many thanks and apologies for not reporting this in my previous
message.

Yoshi