Beginner: Can't create boot floppy and more Q's

Hi Everybody

1-
    This is the first time that I am trying to install the Debian GNU/Linux
 (from Infomagic 6 CD set April 1997), but after 3 times installation I
 couldn't create the boot floppy. Each time I receive the following messages:

      Verifying track 0 (up to 79)
     Formatting track 0 (up to 79) head 0,1

     Creating a file system on the floppy ...
     sbin/dinstall: Can not create /dev/fd0: read only file system
     Something went wrong ....

My floppy is not write protected and I have formatted and changed the floppy
each time. Even I changed the permission of /dev, /dev/fd0, /target/dev, and
/target/dev/fd0 so that user, group, other had rw permission.
How can I fix this problem?
2-
    My cdrom is Mitsumi FX-125 ATAPI. When I installed Redhat and
 Slackware I chose ATAPI from the option list and everything worked fine.
 Which option should I choose in Debian?
3-
    The only installation documents that I have are:
 -- Installing Debian GNU/Linux 1.2 from Floppy Disk
 -- Debian Linux Installation & Getting Started, by: Boris D. Beletsky
 -- Deselect documentation for beginners.
 -- Debian FAQ
 Are there some other documents for installing debian especially from CD?
 I have already read "8.4 How do I get and install the Debian from CD-ROM?"
 in FAQ but there is nothing about this.
4-
    I want to install the kernel version 2.0.29 or higher during installation.
 How can I do this?
5-
    How can I install some of the RPM packages from Redhat in Debian?
 Is it possible at all?

Thanks