Re: want upgrade opinion, 1->2 PPro 200/256

> From: Dan Hugo <dhugo@reallycool.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: want upgrade opinion, 1->2 PPro 200/256
> Date: Wednesday, May 14, 1997 8:19 AM
>
> I have a single PPro 200MHz/256k in my system currently (running 2.0.29
> kernel from a bo install about two months ago, no problems).
>
> I'd rather not part with the $2000 or so it would take to make a pair of
> 512's, so I could either get the second 256 or keep the one.

I use the same MB with 2 PPros. A second CPU with fan should cost
you about $950 CDN. Where you are, you shouldn't have to pay more
that $500 US.

When your using your system, if you can sustain a 100% CPU utililization,
with
1 CPU, get a second one. If not, don't worry about it.

Peter