Re: shadow problems with adduser

    George> When I attempt to add a user account with adduser
	[...]

You need to get the newer version of `adduser`, which supports shadow
passwords, and works fairly well.  Or, you can just use the shadow
suite utilities:

useradd, userdel, usermod
groupadd, groupdel, groupmod
pwchk, grpchk
(there might be more... but there's links off the man pages.)

 The 'delgroup' and 'deluser' that come with 'adduser' are very
preliminary... if you look at them, you can see they don't really do
much.  I think the maintainer is working on that.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg