Re: Another Netscape Question

In article <3372C0A7.3527FAE4@oz.net> you write:
>Does Netscape (4.0b3) hog the colormap on everyone's system or just
>mine? Have they not heard of sharing? Is there a fix for this, I would
>like to see colored screensavers when netscape is running among other
>things.
>I'm running X11R6 in 1024 x 768 24bpp, Linux 2.0.30, Cirrus clgd5426.

(Don't know if this works for the 4.0 beta, it does for 3.0)
Netscape seems to want to use the PseudoColor visual class if
it's available. (e.g 8bit mode) To force it to use TrueColor
(which is what you have with 24bpp) say
netscape -visual TrueColor

/Anders
Anders Hammarquist   |          This space          | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   intentionally left blank   | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40