Re: ideas about moving Debian to another hard drive

This is more rude then that nice 'find' usage, anyway I moved an old
Slackaware from the partition where I originally installed it to another
partition just doing this:

tar -cSpf- . | (cd /mnt/.....; tar -xvSpf-)

Then I replaced two characters in /etc/fstab and everything was working
absolutely fine, so I could LATER decide to remove it from the original
place.

(Actually, I had already splitted before that old Slackware to more then
one partition, with symbolic links for dirs NOT needed BEFORE mounting
takes place during boot, links to dirs in partitions that were not
involved, by the way, so it was all right after the above command just
copied the symbolic links.)

     Nicola Bernardelli <nbern@mail.protos.it>
messages will return even when I'm not at home.