Re: ideas about moving Debian to another hard drive

find . -mount -depth -print|cpio -pdmv /newtempmount

I have used this under Dgux, Sunos, Solaris and Hpux, and it has
always worked correctly (although under Sunos and Hpux the switches
are slightly different).  I have used it to move root /usr and
Oracle database volumes under Solaris.  Time stamps, owner,
group, permissions and hard and symbolic links are preserved.
Sparse, database files done "grow" either.  I have done it so
often I could do it in my sleep, and probably have.